I’ve slowly been switching my beauty and house products to non-toxic alternatives. I discovered this simple DIY all-purpose spray combines the power of three effective green cleaning ingredients – lemon peel, lemon juice, orange peel, vinegar and water! It can be used virtually anywhere (except for on marble) in your home from the bathroom to the kitchen to the windows. It’s a safe, eco-friendly, and cost-effective way to clean and disinfect naturally!
What you need:
+2 Tbsp Lemon juice
+1 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
+1 Cup Water
How To Make It:
+ Add the lemon peel, lemon juice, vinegar, and water to a clean spray bottle. Shake well.
+ Spray it on whatever needs cleaning and let it sit for a few minutes to allow mineral deposits to loosen and surfaces to be disinfected.
+Rinse surface with water or a damp cloth.
*The low pH (i.e., 2.0 pH for lemon and 2.2 pH for vinegar) and acid content of the citrus and vinegar (i.e., citric and acetic acid, respectively) make it an inhospitable environment for many microorganisms to grow. It is great at combatting germs and mold!
+ For mineral build-up around fixtures or excessive mildew in the shower, give this spray some more time to work before cleaning with an old soft-bristled toothbrush, or scrub brush. Then rinse well.
+ Use it with some baking soda for extra scrubbing action.
Caution: Products with vinegar and citrus juices are not recommended for use on marble since they can etch the surface. Vinegar can also irritate your eyes if contact occurs. Flush liberally with water for 5 –10 minutes if the product gets in your eyes.
Warning: Don’t ever mix vinegar with bleach. It will create toxic chlorine gas. So, be mindful of this before you start cleaning!
Leave a Reply